Prepare your breakfast for the entire work week. Yep! This delicious smoothie will make your busy mornings easier when all you have to do is toss all of the ingredients in the blender and enjoy. And, you start your day off with some of the most healthy fruits and vegetables. Over the years I’ve added a boiled egg, turkey bacon, or Belvita breakfast bars on the side so that I can stay full until it’s time for a mid-morning snack or early lunch.
Below are the basic ingredients for the smoothie, and you can add more or less of your favorite fruits and/or vegetables. Each bag can serve two people:
- 1 large container of fresh spinach
- 1 bag of baby carrots
- 2 containers of fresh strawberries OR 1 container of strawberries and 1 container of another berry
- 1 batch of bananas (Or enough for at least two bananas a day)
- 100% cranberry or apple juice (Depends on your preference)
- Protein such as Peanut Butter Powder or Chai Seeds (Optional)
- 5 Gallon-sized Ziploc Bags
You will add your bananas, juice and protein the day of, so put those ingredients away.
In the meantime, clean and rise your spinach, carrots, and strawberries.
Cut the tops off your strawberries and open up five bags.
Evenly distribute the strawberries/berries.
Add about a handful of spinach and a handful of carrots to each bag.
Make sure your bags are sealed tightly, and now you have breakfast ready, Monday – Friday.
In the morning, empty a bag into the blender and then add two bananas, protein powder (if available), about 8 oz of juice, and ice. You can adjust the amount of juice and ice for your tasting preference.
Blend until smooth and enjoy!